Make your Android device play nice with your non-US external keyboard.
A non visible soft keyboard (Input Method) intended to be used with
hardware Bluetooth and USB keyboards. It automaticly detects Bluetooth
keyboards (and in some cases also USB keyboards) and brings up the Input
Method dialog. It also supports a lot of different keylayouts for
non-US external keyboards.
This app does NOT
require a rooted device.
Currently predefined keyboard layouts
- International keyboard layouts (se list below).
- Allows manually tweaking of the preconfigured layouts.
- Remaps the Escape key to Back by default (can be tweaked)
- Allows you to control which characters should be treated as combining characters.
- A "null" Soft Keyboard to use with hardware keyboards (Bluetooth & USB).
- Automaticly brings up Input Method selection dialog when Bluetooth keyboard connects or disconnects (requires Android 2.3+).
- Automatic detection can also work with USB keyboards on some platforms (experimental) (requires Android 2.3+).
- App that brings up Input Method selection (for easy switching between IME's)
- Switch between two layouts of your choice using a key or key combination.
- Control key repeat delay and repeat rate.
* Arabic (101, 102 & 102 AZERTY)
Get it from Google PlayGet it from AndroidPIT (for Android devices that cannot use Google Play)Frequently Asked Questions
- Bosnian & Herzegovian
- Bulgarian (Phonetic, Phonetic traditional & Typewriter)
- Canadian (French & Multilingual)
- Czech (qwertz, qwerty & programmers)
- English (Colemak, Dvorak, Dvorak Left hand, Dvorak Right hand, Dvorak Programmer, GB & US-International)
- Finnish (Finland & DAS)
- French (Bépo, France & Switzerland)
- German (Germany & Switzerland)
- Hindi Traditional
- Lithuanian (Numeric)
- Macedonian FYROM Standard
- Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal & Br-Nativo)
- Russian (Normal, Typewriter & Phonetic)
- Slovak (qwerty & qwertz)
- Spanish (Latin America, Spain/Int & Dvorak)
- Swedish (Normal & Svorak A1|A5)
- Thai (Kedmanee & Pattachote)
- Turkish (F & Q)
There is a also a forum thread over at XDA-Developers.